Thank you for your interest. The wait list is currently closed.
The Black Rock City Storage Program was created in 2011 as a way to assist participants with their Burning Man infrastructure and to reduce traffic congestion on 447. The goal was to promote cooperation amongst participants to share storage, minimize fuel consumption caused by repeat shipping each year, and improve safety on the highways by reducing the amount of large-scale hauling entering BRC each year. This also allows participants to build on and improve on previous years endeavors, leading to grander camps, projects, and creative ideas all around. Thank you so much for your effort and interest!
- You will be able to load your container for the first time at the Event
- Post Event, we will remove your container from Playa and store it
- BRC will annually deliver your container of items to your camp location pre event
- There is a one time purchase price for the container — you then own the container itself. This one-time cost also includes the required preparation and painting. (Washoe County requires all containers stored in the general rural areas be painted a specific color.) The container will be fully painted and prepped for you to begin using.
- The annual service/storage fee is payable each summer prior to the event. In addition there is a delivery service fee payable each summer prior to the event. If you decide to skip a year and don’t need your container, you will not need to pay for delivery service that year.
- 2020 pricing for containers, storage and delivery will be available soon.
- There are a limited number of containers available each year. The wait list is currently closed.
- You only have access to the container on playa, during Burning Man. There is no access to the storage facility outside the event.
- If for any reason you want to transport your container to an alternate location, you will need to contract and secure the transportation and handling via a third party. You must pre-arrange your container removal so that it occurs during the time that containers are being transported to and from the event.
- Review the contract for a complete list of materials that cannot be stored inside your container (for example, no hazardous materials).
- No additions can be made to the outside of your container. They must be able to store flush against another container.
For additional details about the service, we highly recommend you read our Frequently Asked Questions.
You can preview the contract here: Contract Preview
If you have questions after reading the FAQ, feel free to contact [email protected]